- Bots that talk more like people January 23, 2018AI platform allows chatbots to draw on robust language database to better navigate human conversation.
- Engineers design artificial synapse for “brain-on-a-chip” hardware January 22, 2018Design is major stepping stone toward portable artificial-intelligence devices.
- 3Q: D. Fox Harrell on his video game for the #MeToo era January 19, 2018The computer scientist’s group has designed a game that gets players to reflect on sexual misconduct in the workplace.
- Three EECS professors join leadership team January 12, 2018Saman Amarasinghe and Joel Voldman are named associate department heads; Nancy Lynch is associate department head for strategic directions, a new post.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Drones learn to navigate autonomously by imitating cars and bicycles January 23, 2018A new algorithm allows drones to fly completely by themselves through the streets of a city and in indoor environments. The algorithm had to learn traffic rules and adapt training examples from cyclists and car drivers.
- Engineers design artificial synapse for 'brain-on-a-chip' hardware January 22, 2018Engineers have designed an artificial synapse in such a way that they can precisely control the strength of an electric current flowing across it, similar to the way ions flow between neurons. The team has built a small chip with artificial synapses, made from silicon germanium. In simulations, the researchers found that the chip and […]